Our Commitment to Sustainability at The Marker Key West Harbor Resort
Our Florida Keys hotel is committed to using sustainable practices and alternatives to reduce its carbon footprint and protect the environment. Some of our sustainable initiatives at our Key West resort include:
- Large refillable shampoo/conditioner/body wash bottles in our showers, saving over 611790 grams of plastic a year
- The hotel provides reef-safe sunscreen at our three pools
- Key West Aloe Products in our guestrooms: the products contain no parabens, phthalates, petrol-derived ingredients mineral oil, urea, DES, TEA or propylene glycol.
- Members of the Florida Green Lodging Program which focuses on waste reduction, recycling, water conservation, energy efficiency, and indoor air quality. More information on this program can be found here.
- Hotel rooms and public spaces equipped with low-flow toilets
- Hotel rooms and public spaces equipped with power-saving LED light bulb
- Property-wide recycling program, as well as the use of paper straws and biodegradable disposable products in our restaurant and bars
- Towel rehang and clean linen program to limit excess water use
- Our associates participate in the Green Commute Challenge which rewards participants for commuting to work either walking, cycling, skateboarding, using public transit or carpooling.
SHARED INTERESTS WITH OUR OWNERS, PEBBLEBROOK HOTEL TRUST
Additional details on Pebblebrook’s commitment to sustainability can be found HERE.
- 63% of our properties have a sustainability coordinator or green champion
- 80% of our properties have meeting rooms with digital thermostats
- 98% of our properties have a preventative maintenance plan that checks building energy and water equipment at least quarterly
- 61% of our properties have a water efficiency program
- 94% of our properties have faucets with low-flow aerators to conserve water
- 48% of our properties have eliminated single-use plastics (or reduced to an absolute minimum) from the property
- 74% of our properties have eliminated plastic straws
- 65% of our properties have implemented a food waste prevention strategy
- Nearly $19 million invested on environmental initiatives
PEB 5-Star Promise Statement
Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (“Pebblebrook”) strongly supports AHLA’s 5-Star Promise. Our pledge to AHLA complements the practices and policies in-place by our company and our hotel operating partners which are designed to ensure that the hotel employees at our more than 50 owned hotels across the United States abide by the law, respect individual’s rights, and do not tolerate sexual harassment of any type at our properties. We have dedicated a significant amount of resources to assist our hotel operators with sexual harassment awareness training and avoidance programs, in addition to training and resources to prevent human trafficking. We will continue to engage with our hotel operators to provide the resources to further assist them in ensuring the safety of our hotel employees and our guests. Pebblebrook is committed to funding the purchase of hotel employee safety devices for use at all of our owned hotels by the end of 2020, as well as to provide funding for additional training and education programs on sexual harassment and human trafficking at our corporate level and our hotel properties. Through our pledge to the 5-Star Promise, Pebblebrook intends to contribute to positive, industry-wide improvements to continue to make hotels a safe place for all our employees and guests.